Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sian Alice Group tomorrow at 6pm on WRVU!

Updated:  Just spoke with Rupert, and apparently Sian's lost her voice since SXSW and the band is going to have to cancel their show tonight as well as the WRVU appearance.  As far as I know the other bands will be playing still, and Sian Alice Group have promised to come back this summer to play Nashville and come on the radioshow then.  They're really sad to be missing it (as am I) and I'm looking forward to seeing them next time.


Tomorrow the kids from Penguin Parade are graciously donating forty-five minutes of their show for me to come in and chat with a band who I've had a whirlwind love affair with since I stumbled upon a writeup in a local Chicago paper, Sian Alice Group.  I looked them up online, listened to a few tracks, sent them a myspace message, and  a few hours later was talking with one of the founders on the phone about coming into the station.  

It's a wonder I've gone this long without catching word of them.  Their debut album, 59.59. is rich with dark, melodic chants and bassnotes and something sounding like birdcalls, evoking references to Black Mountain and Spiritualized.  I can only imagine how it's going to translate into a stripped-down set tomorrow.  They opened a few shows for the Spiritualized in fact, and their debut even features John Coxon as a special guest.  Also, you may recognize Douglas Hart (crazy hair and leather jacket above) from Jesus and Mary Chain, another past love of mine.

They're playing at The End with The Fear & Trembal, Kissing Robots, and Billie, kicking off at 8pm according to The End (so really, 9 or 10).  Tune in tomorrow at six for a preview!

From 59.59:

No comments:

Disclaimer

The music here is intended for sampling purposes only.  If you like what you hear, buy the album, see a show, pick up some merch, go out and support your local music scene!  

If you're one of the musicians/managers/labels are sure you want something here taken down, email me at antennastoheaven.wrvu AT gmail.com and I will remove it as soon as possible.