Thursday, March 13, 2008

Since we last talked

It's been an exhausting couple of days getting used to being back in town and having work to do once again.  Did anyone make it out to Black Mountain on Monday night?  More on that later maybe, but despite Black Mountain being one of those bands that just kind of comes out onstage and plays rather than performs, I thought the music was even better live and I didn't even mind the guys playing air guitar in front of me.  I may have even swung my hair around a little bit.  Fist-pumping definitely occurred.

 
I will be back at the radiostation for the show this Friday, but I'm sad to say it will be an abbreviated version.  I'll have to head out after the first hour to go get the theatre ready for the ballet show that evening.  (If any of you make it over to the Troutt theatre at Belmont, I'll be calling the first dance!)  The first hour, though, will be better than ever. 

Happy Birthday Amy (who you may remember from the WRVU benefit about a month ago) will be coming in the station to play some music and chat before all their upcoming performances next week!   Tune in at four for a sneak preview of their very first full-length, Sue.  Amy will be performing a free solo show at Grimeys on Tuesday (3.18), and the full band will be celebrating their CD release next Friday (3.21) at The End, which promises to be fun as well, with Eureka Gold and Hot New Singles opening the night.  I'll definitely be there if I'm in town.  HBA always puts on a great show!

From EP:

No comments:

Disclaimer

The music here is intended for sampling purposes only.  If you like what you hear, buy the album, see a show, pick up some merch, go out and support your local music scene!  

If you're one of the musicians/managers/labels are sure you want something here taken down, email me at antennastoheaven.wrvu AT gmail.com and I will remove it as soon as possible.