Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Excuses, Excuses... and the Playlist

Thanks for the nudge, stranger.  I'm making excuses, but I woke up on Sunday feeling totally awful and have been trying to recover from that seasonal bug since then.  This morning I coughed up a golfball sized wad of phlegm.  Yum!


But seriously, last week's show was a blast, and thanks to Meemaw for not only toughing it out for all two hours, but also being one of the best groups I've had in.

The playlist is rather short due to all the live stuff that was going on, which I'm going to try to get up online soon.  For some reason mediafire wasn't working last week, which is why no songs got posted--I'm going to try it again right now and see what happens.

But seriously, sorry I'm being such a slacker.  It's that season for theatre and for schoolwork and for me being sick, which makes an awful combination.  Plus, I had a shitty weekend.   I think it's time to get some friends my own age.

But here's the thing that made the weekend for me: after the radioshow, we grabbed dinner with Meemaw and some friends from Infinity Cat, who told us that the whole gang from Critical Mass was huddled around a radio in Dragon Park listening to the show and singing along in the rain.  That's like eight of my radio listener fantasies all rolled into one.  Thanks, Critical Mass!  Then we ate fried pickles and grilled cheeseburgers (and Daniel ate chicken gizzards......) and made plans for their upcoming tour, including sending Jessica running into the venues with her hands tied and duct tape over her mouth, and posing as inhabitants of a post-second coming Earth.  Then we had to explain to Jessica what Costco was.

The Mae Shi, "Kingdom Come" from Hllyh
Meemaw, "Blue in the Blacklight"--prerelease
MGMT, "Weekend Wars" from Oracular Spectacular
Justice, "D.A.N.C.E." from [cross]
Espositio, "Ditch" from Esposito
Meemaw, "Fever Dreaming" --prerelease
Stephen Malkmus, "We Can't Help You" from Real Emotional Trash
The Apples in Stereo, "The Golden Flower" from Electronic Projects for Musicians
Born Ruffians, "Hummingbird" from Red Yellow & Blue
DeVotchka, "Along the Way" from Mad & Faithful Telling
Meemaw, "Gingerbreadman"--prerelease
The Billionaires, "Highschool High" from Really Real for Forever
The Apparitions, "Electricity & Drums" from As This is Futuristic
Chromeo, "Call Me Up" from Fancy Footwork
The Aislers, "Red Door" from How I Learned to Write Backwards


The next post is going to be a slew of live things from past guests I've had in if I can get the darn program at the radiostation to burn things for me again.  She's finicky. 

Then, since we're officially 1/4 of the way through the year, I'm going to post the ten albums most likely to make my top-20 list at the end of the year, mostly for my enjoyment.

Also, I saw Once and didn't like it AT ALL.  Go ahead indie music world, slaughter me.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The music here is intended for sampling purposes only.  If you like what you hear, buy the album, see a show, pick up some merch, go out and support your local music scene!  

If you're one of the musicians/managers/labels are sure you want something here taken down, email me at antennastoheaven.wrvu AT gmail.com and I will remove it as soon as possible.