Sunday, February 17, 2008

Playlist, 1/15

Sorry for the delay this week, but I've been working at the Nashville Ballet and last night was closing, so I needed my rest.  if any of you made out to the show last night, I played the voice of God and gave you your preshow announcements.  Hope you enjoyed them as much as I did.


Amy LaVere was a delight to have on the show on Friday, and I hope to put the entire interview segment up at some point, but it's a huge file and still needs to be chopped up before I can host it.  In the meantime, I've got the three songs from the live show below for you.  They're very, very raw, but I hope you enjoy them nonetheless.

Amy is touring all around the south for the next few months, and playing a couple of festivals this summer, so check out her webpage to catch her next time she comes through your town.

Did anyone notice on Friday that I apparently get a lot more southern when interviewing southern artists?  I felt my drawl out in a serious way.  It was almost amusing.

Playlist:
1. Amy LaVere, "Killing Him" from Anchors and Anvils

2. The Delicious, "It's Not Time to Die" from The Delicious The Delicious
Out of Indiana, a pet favorite of mine, partially because frontman David 
Woodruff sold me this art about a year and a half ago: 

3. Brooke Waggoner, "Hush if You Must" from Fresh Pair of Eyes
A recent local.  Get the complete copy of her EP here in exchange for your email and contact info.  I will say, I did it, and I have yet to get any ridiculous mail from her or her label.

4. Elf Power, "Spiral Stairs" from In a Cave
Out March 25.
5. The Mai Shi, "Young Marks" from Hillyh
New release from last week.
6. Man Man, "Top Drawer" from Rabbit Habbits
Out April 8.
7. Amy LaVere, "Take 'Em or Leave 'Em" from This World is Not My Home
Amy LaVere Live: "Overcome"
Talkin'.
Amy LaVere Live: "That Beat"
8. Amy Lavere, "Pointless Drinking" from Anchors and Anvils
Talkin'.
Amy LaVere Live: "Washing Machine"
9. Umbrella Tree, "Beetle in Trouble" from What Kind of Books Do You Read?
10. Vampire Weekend, "Mansard Roof" from Vampire Weekend
11. No Kids, "I Love the Weekend" from Come Into My House
12. Jared Micah and Hats, "Precious Needs a Spoon in her Mouth" from T.C.H.T.O.B.
13. British Sea Power, "A Trip Out" from Do  You Like Rock Music?
14. Locksley, "Don't Make Me Wait" from Don't Make Me Wait
15. Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, "The Ballad of the Sin Eater" from Hearts of Oak
16. The Mountain Goats, "Autoclave" from Heretic Pride
Out this Tuesday!
17. Explosions in the Sky, "Glittering Blackness" from How Strange, Innocence
18. Black Mountain, "Tyrants" from In the Future
19. The Protomen, "Unrest in the House of Light" from The Protomen
20. Hot Chip, "One Pure Thought" from Made in the Dark
21. The Black Keys, "Strange Times" from Attack and Release

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up on the Amy Lavere/Those Darlins show on Friday.

They were both fantastic and original!

Disclaimer

The music here is intended for sampling purposes only.  If you like what you hear, buy the album, see a show, pick up some merch, go out and support your local music scene!  

If you're one of the musicians/managers/labels are sure you want something here taken down, email me at antennastoheaven.wrvu AT gmail.com and I will remove it as soon as possible.