Friday, February 8, 2008

Playlist, 2/7

Thanks to everyone who tuned in and called in today, except for the guy who offered the loaded compliment of "Your show's a lot better now!  You just seem to have more self-confidence than you did last semester."  Call me hypersensitive, but I've been doing this show for two years now, and self-confidence is not the issue.  It bites to get feedback like that.  You start looking back at the entirety of your radio history and doubting whether it's been any good.  I can handle people telling me they don't like the music I play, or they don't like my talk breaks, or hell, even that they don't like me, but I don't like strangers making judgments about my self-esteem.  Lay off.

That aside, I had some excellent requests, spoke to some really nice people, and discovered that more people are into the movie Jumper than I had imagined.  Or possibly, more people are into free stuff than I had imagined.

So yay, more free stuff below!  But I will say, one final time, if you buy any album this month, let it be Black Mountain's In the Future.  I got my ticket Wednesday.  See you there?

1. Arcade Fire, "No Cars Go" from Neon Bible (R)
2. Corey Dargel, "Gay Cowboys" from Less Famous Than You
3. Amy LaVere, "That Beat" from Anchors and Anvils 
4. will.i.am, "Yes We Can Song" (Internet Release)
5. The Felice Brothers, "Frankie's Gun" from Adventures of the Felice Brothers
6. Bonde Do Role, "Gasolina" from With Lasers
7. Danielson, "Did I Step On Your Trumpet?" from Ships (R)
8. British Sea Power, "Canvey Island" from Do You Like Rock Music?
9. Robbers on High Street, "Japanese Girls" from Tree City
10. Wrens, "Surprise, Honeycomb" from Seacaucus
11. Magnetic Fields, "Drive On, Driver" from Distortion
12. Black Mountain, "Wucan" from In the Future
13. Sound Team, "Your Eyes are Liars" from Movie Monster
14. Vampire Weekend, "Campus" from Vampire Weekend
15. The Clientele, "(I Want You) More Than Ever" from Suburban Light
16. The Helio Sequence, "The Captive Mind" from Keep Your Eyes Ahead
17. Smog, "Rock Bottom Riser" from A River Ain't Too Much To Love (R)
18. Bon Iver, "Skinny Love" from For Emma, Forever Ago
19. Goldfrapp, "A&E" from A&E EP
20. Destroyer, "Students Carve Hearts Out of Coal" from This Night (R)
21. Hot Chip, "Ready for the Floor" from Made in the Dark
22. MGMT, "Electric Feel" from Oracular Spectacular
23. Simian Mobile Disco, "State of Things" from EP
24. MSTRKRFT, "Work on You" from The Looks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought your show was excellent this week. Sorry I didn't get to call in...

Disclaimer

The music here is intended for sampling purposes only.  If you like what you hear, buy the album, see a show, pick up some merch, go out and support your local music scene!  

If you're one of the musicians/managers/labels are sure you want something here taken down, email me at antennastoheaven.wrvu AT gmail.com and I will remove it as soon as possible.