Monday, January 7, 2008

Minimix: Music to ride bikes to

One of my resolutions this year is to bike the Jack and Back, a 130 mile,  2-day bike ride from Franklin TN to the Jack Daniel's Distillery and back.  Seventy-five miles one way, fifty-five the other.  I've been told it'll be easy.  Sure, Mom, sure.

For kicks, my other resolutions are as follows:
2) keep up this blog
3) read 25 books (did that last year as well)
4) don't live in Nashville this summer.
5) visit a new city

Last year was the first year of my life that I've actually kept all three of my new year's resolutions, so I have high hopes for this year.  We'll see.

So in honor of that oh so distant goal, here we have minimix number one: 


The Ladybug Transistor, "The Reclusive Hero"
Guillemots, "Trains to Brazil"
The Apparitions, "God Monkey Robot"




(photo courtesy of Bekah Cope)





The best songs of 2007 post will be up in a few hours, in case you've been eagerly awaiting it.


No comments:

Disclaimer

The music here is intended for sampling purposes only.  If you like what you hear, buy the album, see a show, pick up some merch, go out and support your local music scene!  

If you're one of the musicians/managers/labels are sure you want something here taken down, email me at antennastoheaven.wrvu AT gmail.com and I will remove it as soon as possible.