Monday, January 21, 2008

You're blowing my mind, internet.

Apparently I have international readers.  Which (I hope) means maybe I have international listeners to the radioshow.  Maybe?


So hey, who are you, strangers?*  Where are you from?  How did you stumble upon this little site?  Have you heard the radioshow?  Would you like to hear the radioshow?  What music do you like?  Do you have a band?  Would you like to start a band?  I know a few people who play instruments.  I could get you talking. 

It's lonely on this side of the line.  As a WRVU DJ  you very rarely actually know who your listeners are, or if they exist, or if there are six of you or six hundred of you.  We love it when the phones ring.  We're not allowed to say that on air.

This is the great thing about having a blog to go along with the radioshow.  I can curse!  I can tell you to call in!  I can say GO TO THIS SHOW IT'S GOING TO BE SO GOOD without getting kicked off the station!

*(Please don't feel you need to be international to answer these questions.  I like nearly all strangers.  It's true.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i had no idea you couldn't ask people to call in on air!

Annie said...

We're discouraged from anything that resembles pleading for calls. It's a sign of weakness.

Disclaimer

The music here is intended for sampling purposes only.  If you like what you hear, buy the album, see a show, pick up some merch, go out and support your local music scene!  

If you're one of the musicians/managers/labels are sure you want something here taken down, email me at antennastoheaven.wrvu AT gmail.com and I will remove it as soon as possible.